2 tbsp coconut oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
200g boneless chicken breast/thigh, sliced
400ml chicken stock
2 tbsp fish sauce
400ml coconut milk
100g rice noodles (replace with courgetti for a low-carb option)
1 lime, juiced
Garnish with sliced red onion, sliced red chillies and coriander
1. In a large pan, heat the oil, garlic, ginger, and Thai red curry paste. Fry for 2—3 mins until fragrant.
2. Add the chicken and cook for a couple of minutes, just until the chicken turns opaque.
3. Add the chicken stock, fish sauce, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil. At this point, taste the broth for salt and adjust seasoning accordingly.
4. Pour the boiling soup over the noodles in your serving bowls, add a squeeze of lime juice and your garnishes, and serve. The noodles will be ready to eat in a couple of minutes.
5. Alternatively, you can add the noodles to the boiling broth to cook them, and then divide among serving bowls.