Pasta is not a forbidden food. However, you may feel like this is quite a smallish portion by comparison to usual pasta portion sizes, so have this dish as a lighter meal option and add a large salad.
80g wholemeal or egg pasta
140g cream cheese (Philadelphia or organic variety)
14 asparagus spears
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Cook the pasta until it is firm, but cooked through.
2. In a separate pan, steam the asparagus until it is al dente and set aside.
3. Fry the onions and garlic in the olive oil until lightly browned. Then add the lemon juice, chilli powder and cream cheese and stir until the mixture looks like a thick sauce. Season with pepper. If the sauce becomes too thick, add a little milk or water.
4. Toss with the pasta, mix thoroughly and top with the asparagus spears, grated Parmesan and chopped fresh parsley.
5. Serve with a large, green salad.