By Karen Swindall
Cabbage is a good source of Vitamin C and Vitamin K and fibre, low in calories and aids good digestion! This recipe is delicious with either green or white cabbage.
2 white onions, diced
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 medium size green cabbage, cored and finely sliced
300ml vegetable stock
3 tart apples, diced
1tsp cumin seeds
6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
4 tbsp crème fraiche or Greek yogurt
Salt & pepper
1. In an ovenproof casserole dish add in some olive oil on a low heat.
2. Sweat the onions for about 4 minutes.
3. Add in the garlic and cabbage. Cook for a few minutes, then add the rest of the ingredients, stirring well.
4. Put the casserole dish into a preheated oven at 170C and cook for between 45mins - 1 hour giving the occasional stir and adding a little water if necessary.
5. Serve with a dollop of crème fraiche or Greek yogurt and garnish with parsley.