300g raw buckwheat seeds
60g chia seeds
60ml extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Sea salt according to taste
4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
100g pumpkin and/or sunflower seeds
Herbs - any according to taste: thyme, rosemary, fennel
1. Wash, then soak buckwheat in plenty of cold water overnight. Next day, drain and rinse well.
2. Stir chia seeds into water and soak.
3. Mix 2/3 buckwheat and 2/3 chia in food processor. Then add remaining ingredients, including unprocessed chia/buckwheat, and most of the pumpkin and sunflower seeds. Sprinkle remaining pumpkin and sunflower seeds on top.
4. Pour into a tin lined with baking paper.
5. Bake for 1.5 hrs at 180°C
6. Once out of the oven, it is essential to let the loaf cool for 30 minutes before taking it out of the loaf tin and slicing.