With the stresses that life brings, it’s so easy to grab that bottle of wine in the fridge and before we know it we’re drinking every night. Taking a break from drinking is a great way to give your body and mind a break from alcohol, and it has so many benefits. These are the things you will start to notice:-
· A better nights sleep – alcohol can disrupt your sleep patterns leaving your sleep to be of a lower quality.
· More energy – hang-over free will leave you starting the day refreshed with more energy.
· Weight loss – alcoholic drinks are high in empty calories and adding these empty calories on top of your daily intake can make it difficult to maintain or lose weight.
· Increased ability to fight off illness – alcohol can lower your immune health, making you more prone to colds, flu and viruses.
· More control over your emotions – alcohol can contribute to depression and anxiety.
· Save money – buying a couple of bottles of wine each week adds up, so you’ll be saving yourself money.
So if you would like some ideas as to what to drink instead, I’ve listed below some alcohol free ideas as well as some low alcohol alternatives for those that would prefer that route. I haven’t tried them all but would love to know your thoughts on them. Cheers!
NON ALCOHOLIC IDEAS/0.5%ABV
Wild Life Botanicals sparkling wine
Botonique sparkling wine
Thomson and Scott AF sparkling wine
Leitz Eins Zwei Zero Alcohol-Free Riesling
Rawsons Retreat sparkling alcohol free wine
Eisberg alcohol free wine
Lindemans alcohol free wine
Artis AF wine
Torres Natureo de-alcoholised red wine
Free alcohol removed Merlot
Ariel AF cabernet Sauvignon
McGuigon Zero Shiraz
Seedlip alcohol free spirits
Ceders non alcoholic gin
Sea Arch non alcoholic spirit
Caleno non alcoholic spirit
Pentire non alcoholic spirit
Binary Botanical AF beer
Clausthaler alcohol free beer
Erdinger alcohol free beer
Big Drop Brew alcohol free beer
Peroni alcohol free
San Miguel alcohol free
Adnams Ghostship beer
Lucky saint AF beer
Crafty Nectar AF cider
Brookly special effects AF lager
Brewdog AF beer
Heineken AF beer
Aecorn – non alcoholic bitter aperitifs
Low alcohol cocktail recipes
Tame and wild soft sparkling drinks
Bionas tart cherry juice or pomegranate juice topped with sparkling water
Fee Brother bitters and waters
Punchy alcohol free punch
Fortnum’s Sparkling Tea
Nix and Kix sparkling drink
Dash sparkling flavoured water
Cloudwater flavoured sodas
Cider Vinegar based drinks
Other places to buy from